09 October 2017 last updated at 04:16 GMT
 
Shukla to recuse self from IPL media rights
Friday 01 September 2017

Shukla to recuse self from IPL media rights 
This is to ensure the smooth conduct of the auctions in the wake of allegations of conflict of interest against him
Indian Premier League chairman Rajeev Shukla has stated that he has recused from the upcoming media rights auction. The auction is scheduled to be held on September 4. According to PTI, Shukla intimated the BCCI top brass about his decision and that he has taken the decision so as to ensure the smooth functioning of the auctions in the wake of conflict of interest allegations against him.
The allegations state that BAG Films, owned by Shukla’s wife Anuradha Prasad has a tie-up with Star Sports who are one of the potential bidders in the auction. “Yes I have decided to recuse myself from the IPL media rights auctions and hence I will not be present in Mumbai on September 4,” Shukla is quoted as saying by PTI, “I have heard that someone has said that he will file an application in the Court about my alleged Conflict of Interest despite getting a clean chit from former BCCI ombudsman Justice Retired AP Shah. I want BCCI’s auction process to go on smoothly and that’s why I have decided to stay away despite having no conflict of interest,” Shukla added.
The BCCI is expecting a windfall from the IPL media rights auction with estimated earnings of over Rs 20,000 crore through the traditional bidding process. There are three categories — TV broadcast, mobile and digital rights that the major companies will be vying for.
The 18 eligible companies, who bought bid documents last year before the process was stalled are: Star India, Amazon Seller Services, Followon Interactive Media, Taj TV India, Sony Pictures Networks, Times Internet, Supersport International, Reliance Jio Digital, Gulf DTH FZ LLC, GroupM Media, beIN, Econet Media, SKY UK, ESPN Digital Media, BTG Legal Services, BT PLC, Twitter, Facebook Inc.
Indian Premier League chairman Rajeev Shukla has stated that he has recused from the upcoming media rights auction. The auction is scheduled to be held on September 4. According to PTI, Shukla intimated the BCCI top brass about his decision and that he has taken the decision so as to ensure the smooth functioning of the auctions in the wake of conflict of interest allegations against him.

The allegations state that BAG Films, owned by Shukla’s wife Anuradha Prasad has a tie-up with Star Sports who are one of the potential bidders in the auction. “Yes I have decided to recuse myself from the IPL media rights auctions and hence I will not be present in Mumbai on September 4,” Shukla is quoted as saying by PTI, “I have heard that someone has said that he will file an application in the Court about my alleged Conflict of Interest despite getting a clean chit from former BCCI ombudsman Justice Retired AP Shah. I want BCCI’s auction process to go on smoothly and that’s why I have decided to stay away despite having no conflict of interest,” Shukla added.

The BCCI is expecting a windfall from the IPL media rights auction with estimated earnings of over Rs 20,000 crore through the traditional bidding process. There are three categories — TV broadcast, mobile and digital rights that the major companies will be vying for.

The 18 eligible companies, who bought bid documents last year before the process was stalled are: Star India, Amazon Seller Services, Followon Interactive Media, Taj TV India, Sony Pictures Networks, Times Internet, Supersport International, Reliance Jio Digital, Gulf DTH FZ LLC, GroupM Media, beIN, Econet Media, SKY UK, ESPN Digital Media, BTG Legal Services, BT PLC, Twitter, Facebook Inc.

BCCI plans to have Women's FTP: Shetty
Don't go by the quantity of matches but go by the fact that we will be playing better teams in the next two years, says BCCI official
Clerical error: BCCI replaces Deepak with brother Rahul
The BCCI had sent a release which had Deepakā€™s name in the BP XI squad, which raised a lot of eyebrows