According to a report in the Indian Express, the three-member probe panel appointed by the Supreme Court (SC) to act against those found guilty in the IPL spot-fixing scandal, has prepared a list of 82 questions for top BCCI officials. The SC has also asked the panel to recommend structural changes in the BCCI.
Following the IPL spot-fixing scandal in 2013, the apex court bench of Justices TS Thakur and FMI Kalifulla had set up a three-member panel, headed by former Chief Justice of India RM Lodha and including former Supreme Court judges Justices Ashok Bhan and R V Raveendran.
The report mentions that the panel met the BCCI office-bearers as well as the board's employees in Mumbai last week with a detailed questionnaire. It also says that BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya and secretary Anurag Thakur will soon meet the panel to answer the questions.
Following is the list of some of the key questions in the list of 82 sent to BCCI officials (as mentioned in the report):
- What is the basis for zonal rotation of the President? Would it not be appropriate to have open elections for the posts? Can a candidate contest from a Zone/region to which he does not belong?
- Is there representation of players /coaches/umpires on the BCCI/IPL/Constituent boards and Committees? How many representatives of women and the differently-abled are on the Board?
- What measures exist to avoid monopolies in the affairs of BCCI?
- On what basis are Tour Managers and Technical crew for the teams selected? Are there tests and interviews? Are these advertised? What is the remuneration for these and do these engagements have tenures or are they open-ended?
- Does either the BCCI or the IPL have a whistleblower/immunity policy?
- What norms are in place for regulation/licensing of player agents and representatives in India? If a licensing mechanism exists, what qualifications must a person have to become a player agent and what training must he/she undergo?
- When a player/team official of an IPL team is the employee of the franchisee / owner of another team, does BCCI perceive a Conflict of Interest? What steps are taken prevent such situations?
- What steps have been taken by BCCI / IPL and the constituents to ensure that there is no conflict of interest between those who govern each of these entities and those are involved in their professional management? What sanctions have been laid down for suppressing information regarding the above?
- Have steps have been taken to ensure there are no conflict of interest issues and that Board/IPL representatives do not have relatives / associates selected for garnering